Close
projekt-mx5.de

Ergebnis 1 bis 4 von 4
    Moderator Avatar von sampa
    Danke Dank erhalten 174 in 88 Posts  Bedankt 340

Britische Sportwagen / Jeremy Clarkson in Englisch

Keine Ahnung ob es hier schon mal aufgetaucht ist.

By Jeremy Clarkson

"I love TVRs, absolutely love them. If one of these things came into the room and patted you on the back all your teeth would fly out! ..The only problem is that really they're just too fast to be proper British Sports Cars. I mean, with the roof down 50 feels like 150, so what's the point of actually doing 150?

"The MG-F is much slower but I like it a lot. The only problem is that
    it's a bit 'limp of wrist'. I think that if it were a person, it would be called... Julian!

"So what about the Elise... the thing is, that Lotus had remembered what I'd forgotton, that the British like a bit of discomfort. Our plumbing is not bad by accident, we like it that way; we could get our trains to run on time, but we choose not to, because we enjoy standing around on the platform moaning. Britain is the S&M capital of the world. We're known everywhere for being kinky, fond of pain, and the Elise delivers in spades. There are no carpets, and if you get caught in a rainstorm keep going; don't bother getting out and trying to put the roof on because, by the time you've done it, it'll be summer! The Elise concentrates on just one thing - being fun in an anodyne world.

"But the Elise is not the best British sports car... because the Mazda
    MX-5 is! Yes, yes I admit it; it's not entirely British. In fact it could be argued that it's sort of completely... Japanese! But you see, the thing is, if you go to Tokyo and order bacon, eggs, mushrooms, and
    so-on-and-so-forth, even though they're in Japan they'll still call it 'a full English Breakfast'. Ideas travel, so I don't care where this car was designed, or where it was made, it's still a full English Sports Car!

"The MX-5 kicked off the sports car renaissance, and ever since it came along in 1989 everyone else has been trying to beat it with more power, more-wheel-drive, more whizz-bangs, and more fancy gearboxes. But you can't beat the original recipe, a recipe that was written more than sixty years ago - keep it simple! The Mazda has a not-very-powerful 1.8 litre engine at the front, where it belongs, not in the middle. And drive goes to the back, like it should. It's as complicated as wood!... So who cares if it doesn't have an electric hood and climate control. A bit chilly? Well you're British for heavens sake - wear a hat!"

Bis bald Axel

NbN_Krischan

RE: Britische Sportwagen / Jeremy Clarkson in Englisch

Hab noch 2 Ausgaben TopGear(die Zeitschrift) vom, Juli hier rumliegen. inkl. "Never played Golf"(J.Clarksons collected Columns) frag mal Henning, der hat das Heft auch Ich denke, ich werd die zum JT mal mitbringen

btw. das Sonderheft und die August Ausgabe sind bald auch MEINS!

Danke Dank erhalten 0  Bedankt 0

>A bit chilly? Well you're British for heavens sake - wear a hat!"

Danke Dank erhalten 0  Bedankt 0

>A bit chilly? Well you're British for heavens sake - wear a hat!"