Close
projekt-mx5.de

Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Danke Dank erhalten 0  Bedankt 0

Fragen über TÜV/Questions about TÜV

Zuerst möchte ich mich entschuldige für mein Deutsch. Ich lerne noch. Ich hoffe, dass Sie mir auf Englisch helfen Können.

Some months ago I moved to Germany, and I bought a Mx5 NA. Im happy with it, but I want to start the "upgrading" process. My questions are regarting TUV and parts.

When you get new parts for the car have to have papers, either TUV Gutachten or ABE.

What happens when you change parts that don´t have Paperwork?

For example if I get a set of Tein/BC Racing/... Coilovers without TUV Gutachten? Is it impossible to make them legal in Germany? If possible...how much more expensive and difficult than a normal "eintragung with papers"?

What about a rollbar without gutachten? Its not touching the safety belts anyhow, I read around mx5.de that this makes a big difference ?¿

Im concerned about all this, because everything seems impossible to me here without papers!

Thanks in advance guys!

Danke Dank erhalten 744 in 544 Posts  Bedankt 884

RE: Fragen über TÜV/Questions about TÜV

Hi and welcome,

generally, if you change parts without paperwork and they are relevant for the safety of the car, you might get in trouble. Really. Imagine having an accident.
    Your insurance could refuse to pay the damage and you will be the one to pay. If you are unlucky, you pay for the rest of your life.

The difference between ABE and Gutachten:

If your car is covered in an ABE, you can just mount the part and everything is fine.
    If you only have a Gutachten, then you have to mount the part, visit the TÜV and with some luck, you will receive a piece of paper.
    That piece of paper is used to change the documents of your car. You have to visit the Zulassungsstelle (the office where your documents are from).

As far as I know, it is possible with a rollbar to get it approved by the TÜV, even without papers.

Coilovers and other things which change the suspension: I think quite difficult, probably impossible if you do not have any papers.

You could ask IL Motorsport and SPS Motorsport. As far as I know, they try quite often to get unusual things approved by TÜV

Maybe it is the best solution to ask about a specific part here in the forum, before you buy anything. There are a lot of people here who did try a lot of things. There is some experience about what is possible.

Cheers
    HansHansen
    Do what thou wilt.

Danke Dank erhalten 2 in 2 Posts  Bedankt 1

A rollbar mounted without touching the seat belts needs no TÜV approval.

It doesn´t even need to be listed in the vehicle documents.

Only in DMSB listed Motorsports it is important to have an approval sheet for rollbars.

The rollbar thing sounds great then, I can get them almost half the price of Il Motorsports in Spain even with the shipping costs.

The gewindefahrwerk with this "mount the part, visit the TÜV and with some luck, you will receive a piece of paper." doesn´t look like an easy process even with gutachten, but I think I will try my luck with some V-Maxx or similar

Thanks for your replies, much clearer now!

I´ll stick around!

For example: mounting a smaller MOMO steering wheel (with Gutachten) costed about 60-70 euros. The inspector drove some circles to check if everything works OK.
    Think that`s the minimum price to get a part legal. The costs depends on how difficult it is to "test" the part and you pay for each part seperate
    (If you register parts that correlate, it could get cheaper, f.e. if you register a steering wheel and new wheels, the test is the same and only made once).

So the safest way is, to talk with someone at the TÜV, before mounting or even buying a part.

I never had trouble with parts with Gutachten at the TÜV.